The Real Cost of Maintaining a Swimming Pool in the UK
So You’re Wondering How Much Does It Cost to Maintain A Pool?
Well, having a swimming pool is one of the greatest investments a person can make. This is a feature that will add value to your property and offer a space where you can create beautiful memories as you splash around the waters. Many people, however, shy away from installing a pool thinking that it will drain their finances when it comes to its maintenance. If you belong to this category, this is a must-read article. This is because it will be answering the question of how much does it cost to maintain a swimming pool in the UK. Keep in mind that it is only possible to give ballpark figures because not all swimming pools are built in the same way. Here are some of the costs that you may incur when it comes to maintaining a swimming pool.
- Heating Costs – If you install a heated swimming pool, you must be ready to take care of the costs of keeping it warm. Pool heaters resemble broilers and they can run off gas, oil, or electricity. A few modern systems use air-source heat pumps that get energy from the air. When using electricity, expect to use up anything from 5kW to 1kW of electricity depending on the size of the pool and how long you want to keep it warm. The costs of keeping the pool heated are bound to reduce during summer, especially for outdoor pools.
- Swimming Pool Chemicals – To run a clean pool, you must purchase some special chemicals that will keep the water safe and clean. Additionally, you should also invest in regular cleaning which is best done by professionals to ensure it is done properly.
- Filtration and Plant Requirements- when running a natural pool you will be responsible for maintaining the filter and keeping the plant alive. This can cost about £ 53 monthly.
- Purchasing Safety Covers – To enhance safety, it is usually best to buy a safety cover especially if you have small children visiting the pool area. These have been known to save lives. Good ones are sold from £10,000. They are a great buy because they make maintaining the pool a lot easier. They will keep dirt away when you are not using the pool. Some advanced ones allow you to access the pool at the touch of a button and some will heat the pool as they double up as solar panels.
- Repair Costs – If you own a swimming pool, you may also want to factor in filter replacement, and other repairs when budgeting for maintenance costs.
Ajax Leisure Swimming Pool Maintenance
You will be happy to learn that maintaining a pool is not too much work. The job is fairly routine and you can even use apps that can assist you with monitoring temperature and PH levels. Expect to spend around £200 annually for maintenance. This figure can be more or less because of the variations that exist when it comes to maintaining your pool. To ensure your pool remains in tip-top condition, you can always contact Ajax Leisure the swimming pool experts that offer unrivalled services. We have different maintenance packages which allow you to choose the one that suits your needs best, so get in contact today to speak with one of our experts.